Rev. Johnteris Tate - Pastor Elect - Our History
Mt. Moriah Baptist Church of Los Angeles, Inc.  - "Strength and Beauty are in His Sanctuary"
Our History
 
Rev. E. A. Pleasant, Founding Pastor
Rev. E. A. Pleasant, Founding Pastor
Rev. Earl A. Pleasant was born in the city of New Orleans, Louisiana. He was married to the former Olga M. Williams, and to this union six children were born. Rev. Pleasant was led by God to organize Mt. Moriah Baptist Church of Los Angeles, Inc. on March 27, 1946. Rev. Pleasant was one of the great Evangelist and Prophetic voices of the day. He was one of the Chief exponents of the Church's need to support Missions, both Home and Foreign. Under his pastorate, Mt. Moriah developed one of the greatest singing aggregations of the City under the directorship of the late Thurston Frazier. To The dismay of all, Pastor Pleasant departed this life, October, 1974.
The Pleasant Home
Mt. Moriah Baptist Church of Los Angeles, Inc. was organized March 27, 1946, in the home of our founder, Rev. E. A. Pleasant, at 1465 1/2 E. 46th Street. The Moderator of the meeting was the late Rev. N. E. Taylor, who was then Pastor of the Calvary Baptist Church of San Diego, California. Our church was organized with seven (7) charter members.
The Pleasant Home
TABORIAN HALL
TABORIAN HALL
The first Church worship service was held at Taborian Hall, March 31, 1946. In the midst of horrendous vicissitudes, God blessed the feeble efforts of His people.
4155 McKinley Avenue
Mt. Moriah was ready for expansion. Plans were made to purchase property at 41st Place and McKinley Avenue. Paying as they built, Mt. Moriah was able to complete its structure & continued spreading of the Lord's Gospel.
4155 McKinley Avenue
4300 S. Figueroa Street
4300 S. Figueroa Street
As Mt. Moriah began to experience a vast ingathering of souls. "the place where they dwelt became to straight." This led us to purchase the Church located at 43rd and Figueroa Street, commonly known to us now as "Old Mt. Moriah."
4269 S. Figueroa Street
"The Mount", as it is called by its constituency, continued to grow at a rapid pace. In 1970. "The Mount" began to construct another site adjacent to its present structure. In January, 1973, Mt. Moriah was lead by Pastor E. A. Pleasant into its present facilities. The Sanctuary is able to seat in excess of 1,000 people. We also have a two-story, well facilitated Educational Building, with ample parking. Under the guidance of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we called our second pastor, Rev. M. V. Wade, Sr. in 1975 until his retirement September 2017. Our third pastor, Rev. Johnteris Tate, began his ministry in September 2017 and Mt. Moriah continues to be a beacon light at the corner of 43rd and Figueroa and we will continue to seek to expand God's Holy Kingdom on earth until He comes again!
4269 S. Figueroa Street
Website Builder provided by  Vistaprint